1st Annual US Central Hemp Growers Conference & Expo 2018
DOUG FINE BIO
Doug Fine is one of the world’s premiere voices in cannabis/hemp and regenerative farming.
- An award-winning culture and climate correspondent on five continents, a repeat Conan and Tonight Show guest, and a genuine Rugged Individualist, he is also a solar-powered goat herder, hemp farmer/entrepreneur, and bestselling author of books like Hemp Bound (a must-read for anyone entering the industry), Too High to Fail, Farewell, My Subaru, Not Really An Alaskan Mountain Man, and, most recently, First Legal Harvest, which was printed on hemp paper.
- Willie Nelson calls Doug’s work “a blueprint for the America of the future.” The Washington Post says, “Fine is a storyteller in the mold of Douglas Adams.”
- In the hemp sphere, Doug is a research collaborator with the University of Hawaii hemp seed development project, he is marketing a farm-to-table hemp product that he helped grow, and is lead consultant for the first federally permitted Native American hemp project. Still, he finds helping re-launch humanity’s longest-utilized plant easy compared to homeschooling his (human) kids and outsmarting his (goat) kids.
- Doug is a regular on National Public Radio, he has testified before the United Nations on cannabis legalization, and has spoken of the importance of Digital Age Goatherding in a TED Talk. Info and bookings: http://dougfine.com/media-appearances/ Instagram/Twitter: @organiccowboy
JOY BECKERMAN BIO
Joy Beckerman has been involved in the industrial hemp movement for over a quarter of a century, and her extraordinary passion for this unique and valuable crop is contagious!
COURTNEY N. MORAN, LL.M. BIO
Courtney N. Moran, LL.M., founding principal of EARTH Law, LLC is the leading expert on industrial hemp law, championing legal policy for a sustainable Cannabis hemp industry.
- She successfully lobbied on behalf of the Oregon Industrial Hemp Farmers Association for passage of HB 4060 and SB 1015, protecting Oregon hemp agricultural interests.
- She authored H 3559, establishing the South Carolina hemp program.
- She also provided foundational language for Wisconsin industrial hemp legislation, AB 147, AB 183 and SB 119.
DAVID BUSH, Esq. BIO
In 2017, David joined forces with the Hoban Law Group, where he continues to focus on cannabis business law, corporate law, commercial contracts and commercial dispute resolution.
JANEL RALPH BIO
Janel Ralph is the founder of Palmetto Synergistic Research, Palmetto Harmony, South Carolina Hemp Farmers Association and American Hemp Seed.
- Janel was the single driving force behind organizing the passage of South Carolina’s comprehensive hemp legislation, House Bill 3559. Janel was able to pass this monumental legislation in one of the most conservative republican southern states in the first year of a two year session.
- Her specialty is a conservative republican approach through education and honesty.
MARCUS GRIGNON BIO
- Marcus served the Obama Administration as a staff assistant for the Small Business Administration’s Office of Native American Affairs and as an AmeriCorps member for the Santa Fe Food Policy Council and Earthcare International.
- He began his federal career as a legislative intern for U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow in 2009.
- He is an enrolled member of the Menominee Nation in Keshena, Wisconsin.
- He is a recipient of the 2010 Brower Youth Award from the Earth Island Institute.
- Marcus holds a double associates degree in Tribal Law and Sustainable Development from the College of Menominee Nation and a Bachelor's degree in Democracy and Justice Studies with a minor in First Nations from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
MORRIS BEEGLE BIO
Morris Beegle is founder of We Are for Better Alternatives (WAFBA), a multi-brand umbrella company and producer of NoCo Hemp Expo, which has emerged as the world’s largest industrial hemp conference and exposition, drawing thousands of visitors each year from throughout the world to Northern Colorado.
- Based in Loveland, CO, Beegle’s company is involved in a wide range of industrial hemp-related enterprises, including Tree Free Hemp, a hemp paper and printing services provider; the Colorado Hemp Company, a hemp-centric marketing, media and event producer; and Let’s Talk Hemp, an education and advocacy platform integrating into conferences, festivals, and broadcast media channels.
- Morris is involved in numerous projects outside of WAFBA including business advisory roles at the Hemp Business Journal, HempToday.net, Hempstead Project H.E.A.R.T., and PureHemp Technology.
- More info:
JERRY WHITING BIO
Jerry Whiting is the co-founder and President of LeBlanc CNE, Inc., a Seattle-based company focused on cannabis genetics, product development, research & education.
- Jerry has amassed a large & diverse collection of vintage landrace and CBD-rich seeds & pollen including both cannabis (marijuana) and hemp cultivars.
- He's is on the board of the Center for the Study of Cannabis & Social Policy, the Director of Permaculture & Sustainability for the Center for Cannabis Living.
- Co-hosts the LeBlanc Podcast and is a regular speaker at Seattle Hempfest, CannaCon and elsewhere.
- No, he doesn't sleep much. LeBlancCNE@gmail.com
- Policy Analyst – AgChem Management & Plant Industry Bureaus/Division of Agricultural Resource Management
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
ED LEHRBURGER BIO
Ed Lehrburger, is PureHemp Technologies Founder, President and CEO. Ed is the longest standing CEO within the cellulosic biorefining industry. With Ed’s leadership, PureVision has developed a versatile, innovative, disruptive and economical biomass-to-sugars technology.
- Ed has been instrumental in creating PureHemp and is actively involved in managing the new enterprise.
- He serves on the Industrial Hemp Committee for the Colorado State General Assembly.
- He holds a BA in Business Administration from Western State College, Gunnison, CO
Rob Richard serves as Senior Director of Governmental Relations for the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation
- Rob assists grassroots Farm Bureau members in working with local, state and federal lawmakers to advance the policy directives for Wisconsin’s largest general farm organization.
- Prior to this, Rob spent 15 years as a senior legislative aide in leadership offices for the WI State Assembly and Senate.
- He has a degree in history from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville and currently lives in Mazomanie with his wife and two children.
Cory Sharp President CEO of HempLogic, America's Largest Vertically Integrated Hemp Company which is focused on building the hemp industry from the ground up using modern technology and equipment. Seed to fabric, Cory is working with farmers all over the USA to bring this amazing but sometimes frustrating product to profitable markets.
- Cory was born and raised on a large dairy farm in the Pacific North West.
- He served in the United States Marine Corp during Desert Storm and decorated in Somalia in 1993 for his service.
- He began and ran his own equipment sales management company from 2001 to 2008.
- His group was the first to plant hemp in the State of Washington in 2017 in over 80 years and has expanded to almost 2000 acres over 3 states for 2018.
- He is the founder of HempHubs USA a revolutionary mobile decortication system that has plans to tour the USA decorticating farmers hemp fiber stock.
Aaron is the Co-Founder of Salt Creek Hemp Co, born and raised in Wisconsin, currently living somewhere warmer but not by much.
- Hemp Farmer, Hemp Advocate, and promoter of anything that will move the Hemp Industry forward in a productive manner.
- Aaron and the Salt Creek Hemp Co Team of Margaret, Fran and Joe are going into their fourth season of industrial hemp production at Salt Creek Ranch on the Western Slope of Colorado. In the previous 3 years, the team has grown acres of industrial grain/fiber crops as well as High CBD style production. From harvesting by hand one plant at a time to driving through a field with a combine, Aaron and his team have learned the industry from the ground up. The goal at Salt Creek Hemp Co is to produce a quality crop, educate as many people as possible, and connect the industry. Equipment development, custom harvesting, and planting equipment are some other aspects of the operation.
- Aaron and his team also host an event every summer at Salt Creek Ranch. Hemp on the Slope is going into its third year this summer. The event features vendors, speakers, community, and basically all things hemp.
Pauli Roterdam is a Industrial Hemp Extractor, Grower and Formulator who has been in the Industrial Hemp Industry for 6 years professionally. Pauli sets up farms and processors for unique successful harvests with his genetics, processing techniques and ability to see the market move as it advances forward with science and proven research.
- Pauli has created conscientious farm management with expertise in cultivation and genetics that allow for proficient yields. The past six years Pauli has built farms, greenhouses, extraction labs and fulfillment centers. Pauli career included but not limited to the following.
- Endo Scientific - Chief Researcher - (2017) Colorado
- CBD Extract LLC - Chief Science Officer - (2014 - 2017) Colorado
- Greenhouse, Light Deprivation and Field Operations:Design, build and operate greenhouses utilizing light depravation, full season and outdoor. Create, maintain and increase propagation and harvest schedules based on market demands Create and maintain greenhouse climate conditions. Customize nutrient profiles for optimum growth, quality, flavor and yield
- Observe utilization, absorption and other metabolic factors. Set environmental controllers and pest management practices. Testing, reporting and compliance. Organic practices and Sustainability Establish and execute standard operating procedures.
- Genetic research and development: Document and identify growth characteristics, cannabinoid concentration, yield, oil and terpene production. Activation and conversion of cannabinoids.
- Cannabinoid specific therapy Identify secondary metabolites. Study and implement utilization, absorption and catalyst properties
- Solvent and Solvent-less Extractions. Formulation, Purification and Processing of hemp extract
- Herban Medicinals - Greenhouse Manager (2014) - Colorado
- Develop and implement crop production plans for greenhouse, indoor and outdoor operations including nutrient, irrigation, pest management and environmental controllers. Consult on the cultivation, cure and processing of over 50 cannabis strains. Develop new relationships with wholesalers and MIPS to reduce cost, control quality and expand inventory Buy and negotiate the purchase of wholesale products and services. Evaluate land and feasibility of new operations and retail facilities.
- Dr. Willards Plant Catalyst (2012 - 2014) - Colorado
- Assisted Dr. Willard's Water with analytical & performance data related to Plant Catalyst on medical cannabis, lettuce and tomatoes to increase flavor and yields.
- Held group education seminars, product demonstrations at conventions and other venues.
- Black Hills Harvest (2012 - 2013) - Owner - South Dakota
- Managed 12,000 sq. ft of greenhouses cultivating tomatoes, lettuce, herbs and micro greens for local restaurants, supermarkets and farmers markets.
- Created and maintained greenhouse climate conditions, customize nutrient profiles and timing for optimum growth, quality, flavor and yield.
- Create and executed propagation and harvest schedules based on weather conditions and market demands.